Special pounding in XSLT

Hi,

I've got a situation here, I use an sql statement to create a XML tree and
then use XSLT to convert it to html. The prob is that the one of the tables
in the db is a CurrencySymbol table, and I need to see a pound sign.

Now I can get the pound sign, but I always get a strange capital A with a ^
on top of it.

I tried disable-escaping-ouput="yes" to no avail. Please help.

TIA

--
Guy Taylor
Systems and Web Development