iFive Call for Speakers (San Jose, October 29-November 1)

iFive Call for Speakers
(XML DevCon Fall 2001, Web Services Summit 2001, SQL Summit 2001)

Previous editions of XML DevCon 2000 and 2001 received an excellent
response from speakers wanting to participate in the premier conference
for enterprise XML education. This enabled us to put together strong
technical programs and build a reputation for having knowledgeable
speakers. This conference series is recognized as THE enterprise XML
event because the technical program includes XML technologies,
e-business, messaging middleware, databases, Java, application
integration, and B2B integration technologies. We plan to continue this
tradition of excellence at future events, including the Fall conferences
in San Jose (October 29-November 1).

XML is a key technology for building 21st century applications. People
attend our conferences to improve their skills and stay abreast of XML,
e-business technologies, and enterprise computing. For the iFive
conference in San Jose, we're expanding the database, web services, and
e-business content of the conference. We are co-locating XML DevCon, Web
Services Summit, and SQL Summit at the San Jose Convention Center. The
faculty includes Ron Bourret, Don Chamberlin, Peter Chen, Paul Cotton,
Charles Goldfarb, Jim Gray, Terry Halpin, David Linthicum, Eve Maler,
Jim Melton, Norbert Mikula, JP Morgental, Craig Mullins, Lauren Wood and
others.

We're interested in technical presentations about integration
technologies, web services, the semantic web, wireless technologies,
databases, e-business, exchanges, EAI, m-commerce, Java programming,
document design, modeling, and topic maps. We are also interested in
presentations about XML-related technologies and specifications such as
DOM, SAX, VoiceXML, SMIL, XML Protocol, RDF, Query, XLink, Schema, and
so on. If you have an idea for a session for developers, technical
managers, or even people getting started with XML, please submit a
speaker proposal. We think you'll enjoy the opportunity to speak at an
exciting software conference.

Ken North
Conference Chair

--------

GUIDELINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
If you are a leading IT practitioner, educator, visionary, notable
technical expert, or industry analyst with practical experience who is
interested in addressing a technical audience comprised of software
developers, engineers, software architects, system analysts,
consultants, and IS/IT managers, please send your information to
altonf@camelot-com.com or dial 212-251-0006 Ext. 19.

All speaker proposals/submissions should include:

Title of Presentation
Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, or All
Length of Presentation 50 Word Abstract
50 Word Bio (50 words each for multiple authorship)
Full/Proper Name
Company Name
Full Postal Address
Phone
Cell/Pager
Fax
Email addresses

NO PRODUCT PITCHES!!!
We take great pride in our educational content and faculty integrity. In
our experience, attendees don't hesitate to ask for a refund or openly
criticize speakers who have, in their opinion, wasted their time and
money trying to pitch a product. Speakers with this reputation, or who
do not focus on the topic at hand, will not be asked back. If you are
interested in offering classes specific to your product or service, our
Product Education Sessions, Management Briefings, or Developer's Days
may be of interest to you. For more information on publicizing your
product, sponsored sessions, and exhibiting/vendor opportunities, please
contact Jeffrey Wainhause at jeff@camelot-com.com or by dialing
212-251-0006 ext.11.

SPEAKER BENEFITS
Speakers will receive a complimentary, VIP conference registration.
Speakers will be presenting and networking with a targeted audience of
highly qualified software developers, programmers, and managers. All
speakers' names, bios, abstracts and professional affiliations will gain
considerable exposure through our conference brochure, website, and
on-site materials.