Re: XEmacs and the web.xml DTD

* William Crandall

| 1. Should I use a different major mode?

Nope. PSGML is very good.

| 2. Should I put this dtd on my local system (if so, from where, and
| to where)?

It's up to you whether you want to do that or not, but if you don't
PSGML can't read it and can't guide you during editing.

Here's what I recommend that you do:

 1. Download web-app.dtd and put it somewhere on your hard drive.

 2. Make a file called 'catalog' and put it somewhere on your hard
    drive. In it, write:

           "path-to-web-app.dtd"

 3. In your .emacs, put

    (setq sgml-catalog-files '("path/to/catalog"))

If you put the cursor after the last ')' in the line above and do C-x
C-e everything should work just fine.

--Lars M.