RE: ZDNet Schema article,and hiding complexity within user-friendlyproducts

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Al Snell wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Murali Mani wrote:
>
> > corporations to some extent. I have the highest regard for tim berners
> > lee, who had made the web possible.
>
> Kinda by accident, he designed a system for publishing academic papers,
> I thought :-)

the original goals were somewhat broader than that. The 1989 proposal
for the WWW is still online, so you don't need to be a historian :)

	http://www.w3.org/History/1989/proposal.html

FWIW I tried a quick compare and contrast between this and more recent
work in http://www.w3.org/1999/11/11-WWWProposal/thenandnow

Dan