RE: ZDNet Schema article,and hiding complexity within user-friendlyproducts

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Al B. Snell wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
> > the original goals were somewhat broader than that. The 1989 proposal
> > for the WWW is still online, so you don't need to be a historian :)
> >
> > 	http://www.w3.org/History/1989/proposal.html
>
> Cool! The first diagram is telling. But he didn't include any semantic
> information in HTML at first... (when did <HEAD><LINK ...></HEAD>
> appear? And even that's not really enough); are we now working to fix
> that?

Not sure about when LINK appeared, but yes, work is in progress on
fixing all this! On the hyperlinks front, XLink allows for typed links
(though I forget the current state of play w.r.t. using XLink in XHTML). And
with metadata, RDF is the focus of W3C's attention. http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/

--danbri