RE: XML Spaghetti (Was Re: XML spec dependencies chart --)

Simple.   The changes to specs begin to slow down in some cases
to imperceptible, looks like rigor, motion.   The dependencies among
the small components slow the evolution of each component.  Specs
and standards are not API-enabled software, so that comparison
doesn't work.  They are contracts and if visibility into each is required
by the others, encapsulation breaks.

This is why it is problematic to declare minimal victories.  To get
progress after that, one ends up having to start a new and different
fight under an assumed name.  So now not only spaghetti, but
cold spaghetti.
Complexity is perceptual.  That is why architecture is not an
experimental artform.

Len

http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.