From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]
Sent: 26 April 2001 01:13
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Seeking lURNed advice on UDDI

I'm beginning to think that UDDI might be real useful.

If you check out the spec-ware (PDF, grrrrrrrrrr) at

  http://www.uddi.org/pubs/ProgrammersAPI-V1-1.pdf

it turns out that the UDDI tagset is in a namespace whose
name is "urn:uddi-org:api".  This makes me uncomfortable, but
maybe that's just because I don't understand URNs.  First off,
how unique is that?  It doesn't *look* very unique to a URN
virgin.

Second, does this mean that you can't use RDDL or even an
ordinary web page to allow the eager-to-learn to discover
some things about the namespace?   Or are have URN resolvers
been quietly been springing up while I wasn't looking?
(Neither IE nor Mozilla do anything useful for me with this
particular URI).  -Tim