Från: Arnold, Curt [mailto:Curt.Arnold@hyprotech.com]
Skickat: den 2 maj 2001 17:50
Till: 'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'
Kopia: 'www-xml-schema-tests@w3.org';
'xmlconf-developer@lists.sourceforge.net'
Ämne: [Xmlconf-developer] RE: XML Schema Test Collection open for
contributions

Congrats to all on reaching recommendation.  Now on to fully
implementing and testing the thing.

www-xml-schema-tests@w3.org didn't seem to have a corresponding
www-xml-schema-tests-request@w3.org or a listing in the public
archives.  I don't know if you intend the mailing list to be
a public forum (ala www-dom-ts@w3.org) and the
subscription and archives are lagging the announcement
or if the email address is either W3C member only or a place
to drop tests off in the middle of the night.

Anyone who wants a sandbox to play in is welcome
to participate in xmlconf.sourceforge.net or to
discuss schema testing on the
xmlconf-developer@lists.sourceforge.net mailing list

My initial thoughts is that it might be appropriate to have
a distinct representation for simpleType tests.  For simpleType's
if you had a test description along the lines of:

<tests>
<simpleType ref="xs:double">
    <invalidLexical>
	 <value>3..141595</value>
	 <value>ABCDEFGH</value>
    </invalidLexical>
    <invalidValue>
	 <value>3.14926E906</value>
    </invalidValue>
    <!--  each value must be greater than the previous  -->
    <order>
	 <value>-INF</value>
	 <value>-1E300</value>
	 <value>-0</value>
	 <value>0</value>
	 <value>1E-300</value>
	 <value>1</value>
	 <value>1E300</value>
	 <value>INF</value>
	 <value>NaN</value>
    </order>
    <equality>
	 <value>1</value>
	 <value>1.00</value>
	 <value>1.00000000000000000000000000001</value>
    </equality>
    <!--  would probably need a no comparison test for times  -->
</simpleType>
</tests>

You could either do unit tests on the simpleType classes or
synthesize a schema and documents that tested all of the
assertions.