Re: XML Schema Test Collection open for contributions

"Henry S. Thompson" wrote:

>                       W3C XML Schema Test Collection
>
>               Henry S. Thompson, University of Edinburgh and W3C
>             Oriol Carbo, University of Edinburgh and W3C1 May 2001
>
> 1.   Goals and Objectives
>
> The W3C XML Schema Test Collection work aims at coordinating test
> suites for W3C XML Schema processors created by different developers.
>
> Here are its main objectives:
>
>  1. Integrate existing tests for W3C XML Schema processors in a common
>     environment so they can be accessed publicly and shared among
>     developers;
>  2. Establish a standard approach to test material IPR which meets the
>     needs of both contributors and users;
>  3. Collect and develop tools to automate the execution and
>     presentation of the test suites;
>  4. Offer a standard description of tests related to W3C XML Schema
>     processors:
>       a. Define what areas of the W3C XML Schema specifications the
>          test relates to;
>       b. Specify whether or not a test is designed to identify any
>          errors in schema(s) and/or instance;
>       c. When errors are expected, identify them;
>       d. Provide links to the part(s) of the W3C XML Schema
>          specification tested;
>       e. Facilitate automatic test processing and result presentation.
>  5. (Test descriptions should be understandable by a developer without
>     the need to actually view the test file(s) themselves);
>  6. Offer a standard presentation of test results;
>  7. Design additional tests and add/regularise descriptions of the
>     existing tests;
>  8. In due course, provide an XSLT-based approach to comparing XML
>     representations of the post schema-validation infoset as produced
>     by different processors. We will shortly announce the availability
>     of XML Schemas for both the ordinary Infoset and the PSVInfoset;

Does that mean a XML representation of the PSVI ?

It would be another good news!

Feel free to use XSLTunit [1] if it may be of any help (for 3. and 8.
for instance).

It's still work in progress and amongst the enhancements of this tool, I
plan to see if/how I could make it compatible with EARL.

Eric

[1] http://xsltunit.org

--
See you in Hong Kong for www10: