RE: This is a very basic question...

QName = qualified name, that is, a name qualified by a prefix associated
with a namespace, as in order:Order.
NCName = non-colonized name, that is, a name that is not qualified with a
namespace-related prefix, as in Order.

A favorite quote: "You can never ask too many obvious questions." - Guy
Blair

-Mike