RE: Is there any DTD

>    Do anyone of you, know about a DTD scheme that relates
> to representation of drama, poems, rhimes and prose. Perhaps
> a developed version of XCES or something like this. I am
> involved in a  project, where verses are willingly annotated
> by types of rhimes, vowel orders, line suffixes, ... Any suggestion
> is welcome.

The TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) DTD includes elements for markup of
drama, poetry, and prose. I used it in the past to markup a (small)
collection of poetry for the purpose of computer-aided text analysis.

TEI is an international project to develop guidelines for the encoding of
textual material in electronic form for research purposes. Go to the TEI
home page for more information: http://www.tei-c.org/index.html

The only thing is, as far as I know the TEI DTD is still only in SGML, not
XML. The DTD is huge and complex, and I'm sure it's very difficult, if not
impossible, to translate it into an XML DTD. But I haven't been on top of
TEI development at all so I don't know if they're trying.

Hope this helps,
Linda