RE: using namespaces to version

On 04/05/2001 17:28:53 Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>You must know in advance the version to be used
>and where a proven copy of it is located.
>I suspect that is part of what WSDL should provide.

Perhaps it will, but I'm not sure WSDL will be used everywhere, as least not
soon enough for me.  More importantly, trusting that you know which version(s)
of the schema(s) apply to an instance document that you receive would be
dangerous in certain commercial/financial situations (though there will be other
situations where it can be safely assumed).  I'm looking for something that
doesn't require knowledge in advance, so that validation can be done without
requiring context information that is not contained within the instance
document.

     Cheers,
          Tony.
========