RE: NPR, Godel, Semantic Web

At 10:31 AM 5/7/01 -0400, Robert C. Lyons wrote:
>For a simple explanation of Godel's Theorem, see
>
>   http://www.nadn.navy.mil/Users/math/meh/godel.html.

Thanks!

>Here's a site that describes a couple of "common but fallacious
>conclusions" that people make from the theorem:
>
>   http://www.santafe.edu/~shalizi/notebooks/godels-theorem.html

Since a lot of what the Semantic Web proposes to do is precisely "deduction
from axioms", I suspect these claims don't fall into the "common but
fallacious conclusions" area.

If anyone knows where they do fall, I'd love to hear it.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly & Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML