Re: Attributes v Elements

Duane Nickull wrote:

> > Most times there is no definitive answer, it comes down to your
> > preference.  I would refer to the FAQ that Robin mentioned.
>
> This answer is completely bogus.

No it's not.

> You would be better off to use a more definitive description of what the
> monetary value is.   "USDollar" is really the value for "Currency".  Try
> something like this:
>
> <Price currency="USD">10</Price>

In the days of SGML, many of us (you included) might have stored the value "10"
in an attribute rather than an element, taking advantage of the rudimentary
datatypes that were available to us. There isn't now (nor has there ever been) a
one-size-fits-all rule for this.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au