[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Attributes v Elements
- From: "Conder, Tom D (N-MAXIM Group)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:34:19 -0400
Is there a good reference on the Web offering advice about various design
decisions I have to make while developing a DTD (or XMLSchema)?
For example, it is not immediately obvious when to use attributes and when
to make an element a complex type.
Suppose we want to make an XML file whose structure supports currency. Which
1) a simple type with an attribute
2) a complex type with no attribute
3) a simple type with two attributes
<currency type="USDollar" value="10"/>
Is there a simple rule of thumb to apply to the use of attributes?
Tom Conder - Contractor, Lockheed Martin Mission Systems
1035 Eastgate Drive
O'Fallon IL 62269