RE: Picking the Tools -- Marrying processing models to data model s

> And yes, there is one of them [data model], albeit representable in a
> thousand different ways, one of the worst ones being through
> an OO langauge (as they currently are designed).

And I know what your next argument is going to be, Len, and that is not all
data model representations are alike. Yes! And I will even agree with you
that objects are probably the most a capable of describing all constraints
on a data model. But not all constraints are pertinent all the time, for if
it was so, what would be the point of XML Schema? (Wait! Don't answer that!)

So there is a subset of functionality, encapsulated within objects, that can
be easily shared with humans and machines alike if represented in a way that
separated it from the rest of the gobbleydegook of what makes up an
application.