XML and HTML Forms

Hi All,

Is there any standard way of tying HTML forms with XML. What I am
looking is a generic API for reading form encoded data and generating
DOM trees in a standrad manner.

I thought about a scheme of creating a standard set of JSP custom
tags, that will create HTML form elements with names similar to
XPath expressions. When the form is submitted the request parameters
can be queried for their names and values to create the DOM tree.

But my concern is that if there is a standard API available for
doing this, may be a JSP tag library, there is no pint in re-inventing the
wheel.

Can anyone help, please?

Ta

Meeraj