Re: A few things I noticed about w3c's xml-schema

From: "David E. Cleary" <davec@progress.com>

> So who are the "real founders" of XML you are speaking for? I assume they
> don't include Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Dan Connolly, Dave Hollander, Eve
> Maler, and Murray Maloney since they were all part of creating the XML
> Schema Recommendation.

Let alone Dave Peterson, who was involved in SGML before the ISO standard
came out in 1986. (And he was using for database transfers back then, by the
way.)  The real founders of XML are, more than anything, the founders of
SGML, since XML is mostly SGML with the configurable bits lopped off.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe