Re: A few things I noticed about w3c's xml-schema

thanks -- I agree that i seem to be interested in only *one* aspect --
supporting operations. I consider it very important, though.

i fully agree that most specifications are based on speculative analysis
-- how much can be speculated is always an issue. The final convergence
point is not clear at least to me.

I will hope that finally the schema will be good -- i am doubtful, but i
am quite sure that the only solution will be to revert back to the rich
literature on regular tree languages -- also hope that we can satisfy all
the requirements. I will request the schema people to try to read the
material on regular tree/hedge languages -- i think it mostly will turn
out to be important.

thanks and regards - murali.