From: Tim Bray [mailto:tbray@textuality.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 4:05 PM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: meta-specs (was RE: A few things I noticed about w3c's
xml-sc hema)

At 11:31 AM 30/05/01 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>RDDL is a pack o' XLinks.  It's a good idea and well done
>but not a core piece.

Hmm.  *If* RDDL takes off, its role is going to be pretty
damn central.  Since the design of XML empirically has a
bias in favor of using multiple related resources to do
one job for a class of data objects, whatever's used to
tie them together is important.

>It is an application language that
>one may adopt to align pieces just as one might learn
>Topic Maps.  But learn XLinks first and then RDDL/Topic Maps.

Huh?  Try again, I fail to parse this. -Tim