Re: meta-specs (was RE: A few things I noticed about w3c's xml-sc hema)

Len,

> Sure, but one can come up with different ways to
> do that, and reapplication of XLinks is possible.
> It isn't that RDDL isn't important given enough
> acceptance, it simply isn't core, meaning, XML
> application languages build off of it in the
> same way they would with XLink, XInclude, and
> so on.  XML systems can build off it and I'm
> sure many will.

It is namespaces that are the core part of XML. RDDL provides people and
software a reasonable way to find out about and use namespace related
information.

It turns out that an XHTML document is a great way for people to find out
about a namespace, and XLink allows software to discover similar
information.

-Jonathan