Hey Diddle Riddle (was Re: meta-specs (was RE: A few things I noticedabout w3c's xml-sc hema))

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:05:25PM -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
> At 11:31 AM 30/05/01 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> >RDDL is a pack o' XLinks.  It's a good idea and well done
> >but not a core piece.
>
> Hmm.  *If* RDDL takes off, its role is going to be pretty
> damn central.  Since the design of XML empirically has a
> bias in favor of using multiple related resources to do
> one job for a class of data objects, whatever's used to
> tie them together is important.

Along these lines, I published an article this week on content packaging
work going on in ISO/MPEG, DIDL.  I'd be interested in where the
intersection is between RDDL and DIDL (aside from damn fine limerick
potential) and if they can work with each other somehow.

The DIDL piece is at http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/30/didl.html

-- Edd