SV: Copyrighting schemas, Hailstorm

OK

This is my (first shot at a) definition of corporate-owned identity:

1. Company X provides authentication
2. Same company provides access to services that require afore mentioned
authentication
3. Company X logs information about user's habits, acquisitions, email,
calls, movies watched etc (I know this happens at present as well, just
imagine this magnified by a sufficiently large number)
4. Company X uses this information to predict behaviors and tailor-make
offers or what have you. This is how I suppose this new model of economy
provides the possibility to make money, by hooking up smaller actors. Like a
mall renting the space to the various shops. You still go to the mall.
5. More and more of activities that now require identification go digital
over time, possibly through services similar to the ones I describe above.
Nowadays, identification is made using government-controlled means.
Tomorrow?

Look at it from en ethical/legal perspective. Imagine where you would apply
for a new passport were 1-5 to happen. Should you be expected to submit your
application through a web-service? That your government subscribes to? Owns?

I don't know, I just get a bit worried by someone wanting to own the channel
through which people interact with others (here I do not mean the connection
to the internet) as well as their means of asserting that they are who they
claim.

/Dimitris