RE: Copyrighting schemas, Hailstorm (strayed a bit)

The domain/URI match guaranteed string uniqueness
in the context of the Internet.
It is a convenient solution.

The URI is meaningless in the spec,
but in common use, it's an address
with a protocol morph.  One could
debate which of these is more
artificial but common practice
and common sense have shown the
spec to be the more artificial
of the definitions.  It's a locator.
It's like having a dictionary that
says "means this" but the humans
"mean that" and over time, the dictionary
becomes a relic.

Appeal to the spec begs the case.  System constraints
are making way into the information
The hidden properties belong
to the implementation yet cannot be
disposed of without explicitly putting
them in the document.

It is a common problem in large relational
systems too.  I don't know if it is
completely possible to create a large
system where this doesn't happen.

The big issue is what a URI means with
regards to the ownership of the definition
of the information it identifies.  That
comes back to the original thread topic
where yes (despite claims to the contrary),
the URI may be the assertion of the Copyright
that sticks (hostile assertion of domain).

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h