Re: Escher could have drawn it (Re: XML Schema and Entities)

Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:

<snip/>

Only one minor correction to a very thorough and useful analysis:

> 5) Definition of the document element.
> W3C XML Schema relies on the DOCTYPE to define the document element.
> (DOCTYPE seems also to be here to stay)

Some of your other points of DTD survival argue at least in part on
the basis of interaction with XML Schema semantics.  It's worth
pointing out that there is no such interaction in this case -- XML
Schema does not have a notion of document element at all, so in that
sense DOCTYPE is not here to stay, I don't think.

ht