Re: XML Blueberry

John Cowan wrote

> > <?xml version='1.01'?> isn't that bad, and it implies exactly what you
say.

> The Core WG has not yet decided whether changing the version number or
> inventing some new kind of label is the Right Thing.
>
> Comments are solicited.

I definitely think it would be appropriate for Blueberry to use a new
version of XML.  In fact this is in keeping with the declared intent of the
XML 1.0 WG:-

"It is the intent of the XML working group to give later versions of this
specification numbers other than "1.0", but this intent does not indicate a
commitment to produce any future versions of XML, nor if any are produced,
to use any particular numbering scheme" [1]

As for the version number you adopt, I believe 1.1 is the most appropriate.
Major revisions should be reserved for syntax changes <Heaven forbid />.

Regards
~Rob

--
Rob Lugt