Re: XML Blueberry

David Brownell scripsit:

> Well, neither ISO-2022 nor ANSI X3.64 are "straight ASCII",
> so I think it's pushing it to argue that NEL has the level of heritage
> that CR or LF has.  There is no ASCII (seven bit) code for NEL;
> and there were more than a few generations of ASCII terminal
> predating VT100 clones.

I said "a long time", not "a time whereof the memory of man
runneth not to the contrary".  I remember when the first VT100's
arrived superseding the VT52's we had been using up to that time.
(12 lines on the screen and a bell like a door buzzer).

BTW, there is a specific date, at least in England, for the
beginning of legal memory: 3 September 1189.  Anything that
has been true since then, has been true forever, as far as
the law is concerned.  (It was the coronation date of
Richard I, and was so established in 1293 by Edward I.)

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter