Re: XML Linking 1.0 and XML Base become W3C Recommendations

At 12:06 PM 27/06/01 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>  I'm very happy to announce that

 [XML Base and XLink]

>reached W3C Recommendation status today 27 June 2001.

Wow, this one's been a long time coming.  The original
XML WG spent most of the summer of *1997* on this one;
I suspect a record for the longest-gestating W3C spec.

I look at the eventual result and I don't see anything
nasty that's crept in.  Major congrats to the people
who finally got the job done.

I think the potential application space for XLink is
nearly unbounded, and think it ought to be become a
central technology.  That won't happen unless somebody
buckles down and writes some code to show what it can
do.  -Tim