Re: Newbie

"Boyse, Jim" <Jim_Boyse@foremost.com> writes:

> <clip>
> Yep, except the plural of schema is schemas. See me after class :-)
> </clip>
>
> Shucks, I was hoping it was schemata.  Sort of like stigma, stigmata.

Believe it or not (prepares to break W3C confidentiality rules :-) the
XLM Schema WG actually took a vote at its first f2f in 1998 on this
question.  The pedants (myself among them) lost, and thereafter the
official W3C XML Schema Working Group position was that in our specs
the plural of 'schema' would be written 'schemas'.

Doesn't make it _true_ of course :-)

ht