Från: Bob DuCharme [mailto:bob@udico.com]
Skickat: den 28 juni 2001 18:59
Till: xml-dev
Ämne: Re: Newbie

>My principle in adopting terms from other languages has always
> been to stick as close to the original
>use as possible. It's a token of repsect, if nothing else.

>Besides, schemas is simply _wrong_.

I wholeheartedly agree with the first statement, despite the second
statement's contradiction of it. The "original use" is
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/.

The first draft of the Schema spec actually used both forms. The WG made
their choice (I'll even take partial credit for them choosing "schemas"--see
my May 1999 comments on the first Working Draft at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/1999AprJun/0038.
html and search for "schemas") and they moved on, knowing that consistent
usage makes a document more professional (from an editorial point of view)
and easier to understand.

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.