SCHEmata (was: ambo, duo, etc.)

W. E. Perry scripsit:

> Perhaps we can also put to rest the more
> pointed question of whether 'schemas' or 'schemata' is to be used as the plural,
> by refusing to state a preference.

Also, it is clear that "schemas" is stressed on the first syllable, whereas
many (including me, until today) fall into error by stressing "schemata"
on the second syllable rather than the correct first (all methods of
pronouncing Greek words agree on this point).

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter