RE: XML DOM

The links mentioned are for the XML DOM. The Microsoft implementation is
essentially a superset of the W3C DOM interfaces, with names adapted to suit
COM conventions. The W3C DOM interfaces are language-independent, with
mappings defined to Java and ECMAScript. Other language mappings are up to
implementors, and may adapt names according to the conventions of the
programming language. So in Java, the DOM Document interface is
org.w3c.dom.Document. In COM, Microsoft has defined the same interface as
IXMLDOMDocument. Likewise, Java's org.w3c.dom.Node is essentially the same
as IXMLDOMNode.