RE: (OT) OS other than Win

I think that you tried pointing out that we grab on the development
process, thinking of ourselves as intelligent while we do not really try
studying what consequences the technologies and situations we evolve may
bring.

So, Joel probably pointed out one of the reasons this is happening and
he is right: evolution is constrained and handled by parts of an
organism humans have invented. Those parts are 'cost' and 'profit' the
organism is 'economy'. Sorry if I sound weird I guess the internet does
that to me lately.

As for the original subject, I think we are to be judged as guilty, if
we continue letting *any* M$ control the way we use the net and exchange
information. I believe humanity has evolved enough to understand the
importance of open source, it's a good effort on correcting some wrong
turns of the past. I even think of this as a *realistic* way of
thinking.

Finally, I will agree with Len on his decision to test you people (I
think) and as I have seen, the response was not as strong as it should
be in a community as this one.

Me and my morning coffee.

Manos