Re: SAX2 ... missing features?

> I'm not sure I see missing features per se in SAX.  Given my druthers,
> I'd refactor some aspects of it, but none of that is really worth
> pursuing at this point.

Though I think I did identify a few "missing properties" it'd be worth
defining.

> On the other hand, I'd love to see something along the lines of a SAX
> standard library.  David Megginson's published an XMLWriter and a
> DataWriter and a fair number of SAX-based tools, but there are lots of
> possibilities which could be really useful.

These do beg the issue of which ones should be "standard", of course.
It may be awkward to define a "standard".  Perhaps what's needed is
more like a clearing house, or "collective works".

I like the "XML Pipeline" framework I developed, for example, in no
small part because it doesn't ignore lexical and declaration handlers.
Which means that it supports more complete "pass through", unlike
anything based directly on XMLFilterImpl.  (So my XMLWriter is
able to record the DTD information when it matters...)

- Dave