[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Just a Little Explanaton for Veering (RE: Blueberry/Unicode/ XML)
- From: Steve Rowe <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:24:53 -0400
John Cowan wrote:
> Perl 5.6 AFAIK is still ASCII-only.
Perl understands UTF-8, though full Unicode support is not yet
From the Perl 5.6.0 perlunicode manpage:
- Identifiers within the Perl script may contain Unicode alphanumeric
characters, including ideographs.
- Character classes in regular expressions match characters instead of
bytes, and match against the character properties specified in the
Unicode properties database. So \w can be used to match an ideograph,