[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Validation irrespective of DOCTYPE?
- From: Jeff Turner <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:50:29 -0400
I'm getting XML from a socket, which may or may not contain a DOCTYPE
declaration, which would indicate the associated DTD. Either way, I'd
like to validate this XML. Two approaches I can think of:
- build a non-validated DOM, add the DOCTYPE decl to the DOM,
revalidate the DOM. Hampered by lack of revalidating parsers.
- Manually parse the XML and add the DOCTYPE to the text stream, and
then do a validating parse.
Or can I just insist that my upstream source supplies a DOCTYPE? Is this
commonly regarded as part of the XML "contract"?