Re: Closing Blueberry

[James Clark]

> I didn't exactly propose getting rid of the restrictions.  Rather I
> proposed that they should be distinguished from other well-formedness
> errors (or moved from well-formedness into some new layer) so that they
> didn't cause fatal errors.  The arguments I remember were arguing why the
> restrictions were good (which I agree with not) not why they should be
part
> of well-formedness.

 In a way, then, name restrictions might be part of validation instead?
Just as an attribute value is checked to see if it matches the name
restrictions only if a DTD (or schema, now) declares it to be an ID/IDREF
type, but this is separate from well-formed-ness.  Sure, why not treat all
name restrictions as part of validation?

Cheers,

Tom P