Embedded stylesheets

Hi All,
I am facing a problem while processing the style-sheet embedded in the XML
document.
My XML Document is like this:

------------------------------------------------- (testxml.xml)-----
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="#myStyle"  type="text/xsl"?>
<doc>Hello</doc>

<xsl:stylesheet id= "myStyle"  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
       <xsl:template match="doc">
         <out><xsl:value-of select="."/></out>
       </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

As we see this document has the stylesheet embedded with-in.
I want to apply the embedded style-sheet to the XML document in textxml.xml shown above. I have the following code,
using Xalan 2.2.6

          Document  xmlDoc = documentBuilder.parse("XMLTest.xml");

          Source         xmlDomSource = new DOMSource(xmlDoc);

          Source stylesheet   =    transformerFactory.getAssociatedStylesheet   (xmlDomSource, null, null, null);

          Transformer transformer = transformerFactory.newTransformer(stylesheet);

          transformer.transform(xmlDomSource,      new StreamResult (new FileOutputStream("m.htm")));

     Executing this code over testxml.xml gives me the problem:
               org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root ele
                              ment must be well-formed.
                                 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1196

Could any one give a hint on what is the problem here.
Thanks in advance.

- kshemendra