RE: Newbie - Schemas - Problem with minOccurs? or xmlns?

Hi Joel,

Your instance looks fine, but there are a couple problems with this latest
copy of your schema document:

1. The target namespace in your schema document
(http://mwa40cj601/schema.xsd) is different from the namespace specified in
your instance document (http://mymachine/schema).  These must match exactly.

2. You cannot specify the attribute targetNamespace:my="xxx".  You need to
specify both targetNamespace="xxx" and xmlns:my="xxx".

3. Also, you do not need to specify xmlns:xsi in your schema document.

Try the following:

               xmlns:my="http://mymachine/schema"
	       targetNamespace="http://mymachine/schema"
	       elementFormDefault="qualified"
	       attributeFormDefault="unqualified">
<complexType name="record">
   <sequence>
      <element name="cname" type="string"/>
      <element name="email" type="string"/>
   </sequence>
</complexType>
<element name="addressBook">
   <complexType>
      <sequence>
         <element name="owner" type="my:record"/>
         <element name="person" type="my:record"
                     minOccurs="8" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </sequence>
   </complexType>