Re: correct behaviour for entities as system identifiers

Hi Warren,

Hmm, this CellML is a bit messed up I guess. I didn't get it to work
either.

To your question: The quotes are okay. Xerces shouldn't bother anyway,
as the subject of agitation is within a IGNORE section. If you
overwritten the use_mathml_dtd parameter entity, it is a different
thing.

But I still couldn't validate a simple example for the following reasons
as well.

1.: If you don't overwrite (or change) the use_mathml_dtd parameter
entity to 'INCLUDE' the element 'math' is not defined.

2.:  The URI for the MathML2.dtd is wrong. It probably should be
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd .

3.:  I had problems with overriding it. I am quite sure that it is
correct, if my prolog is something like:

<!DOCTYPE model SYSTEM "http://www.cellml.org/cellml/cellml_1_0.dtd"
[
	<!ENTITY % mathml_dtd_path
"'http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd'">
	<!ENTITY % use_mathml_dtd "INCLUDE">
]>

My IDE still mocks about an none defined 'math' element. Probably the
IDEs fault or did I misunderstood something?

The DTD could be validated by changing the section to :

<!ENTITY % use_mathml_dtd "INCLUDE">
<![%use_mathml_dtd;[
  <!ENTITY % mathml-charent.module "IGNORE">
  <!ENTITY % mathml_dtd_path
"'http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/mathml2.dtd'">
  <!ENTITY % mathml_dtd PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD MathML 2.0//EN"
     %mathml_dtd_path;>

  %mathml_dtd;

  <!ATTLIST %cn.qname;
    %MATHML.Common.attrib;
    %att-type;
    %att-base;
    %att-definition;
    %att-encoding;
    cellml:units      CDATA           #REQUIRED

]]>

Well, Warren I give up.
Maybe ask them CellML people...

Greetings,

		Patrick

Warren Hedley wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> The short story is:
>
> The CellML ( http://www.cellml.org/ ) DTD, which makes use of the MathML
> DTD, includes the following code:
>
> 1 <!ENTITY % use_mathml_dtd "IGNORE">
> 2 <![%use_mathml_dtd;[
> 3   <!ENTITY % mathml-charent.module "IGNORE">
> 4   <!ENTITY % mathml_dtd_path "'MathML-20010221/mathml2.dtd'">
> 5   <!ENTITY % mathml_dtd PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD MathML 2.0//EN"
> 6      %mathml_dtd_path;>
> 7   %mathml_dtd;
> 8 ]]>
>
> The Xerces parser reckons that "The system identifier must begin with
> either a single or double quote character" on line 6, which I take it
> means that it regards the apostrophes in the mathml_dtd_path entity
> as just plain characters. Is this the correct behaviour?
>
> The long story is:
>
> Michael Kay's Aelfred parser, XP 0.5, and SP 1.3 all let this one
> through and behave as expected.
>
> If it wasn't already obvious what I was trying to do, I would like
> to be able to have an entity that I can use to set the path to the
> MathML DTD in a particular document's internal subset, if different
> from the one specified there.
>
> Thanks,
> Warren Hedley
>
> --
> Warren Hedley

begin:vcard
n:Ohl;Patrick
tel;cell:+49-1708607430
tel;home:+49-89-38859084
tel;work:+49-89-358680-45
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.jNerd.de
adr:;;Ainmillerstr. 6;Munich;;80801;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Patrick.Ohl@o-h-l.de
fn:Patrick Ohl
end:vcard