Re: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

On 30 Jul 2001 19:56:15 -0700, Tom Bradford wrote:
> What if you have something like this:

>    <q:identifier>1234</q:identifier>
>    <firstName>Albert</firstName>
>    <lastName>Einstein</lastName>
>
> Does the filter use the prefix of the containing element, or will it get
> confused?

It uses the containing element.  I built a little ContextStack class
that keeps track of this.  (It's not a problem for attributes, so that
filter doesn't use it.)

There's a second example, test2.xml, which is included in the zip but
not listed in the documentation.  I tried the filter on a small
collection of random XML documents as well.

Looks like documentation needs to improve for 0.02.