Re: Why unqualified? (was RE: ANN: SAX Filters for NamespaceProcessing)

I agree with Rons analysis. It makes me feel a little bit
less like I am missing something. Many of us on
this list were serializing objects into markup languages
long before namespaces came along!

To reiterate my main objection to namespaces, context and disambiguation
are two different things. Essentially namespace defaulting provide
a model - orthoganal to XML's primary, element based, containership
model - for specifying a *context*. As a result you end up,
not with one context (which is complex enough thanks very
much!) but with N contexts heaped on top of each other.

It is as if the rarely implemented CONCUR feature of SGML
has crept into XML via a back door!

Sean