Re: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>

> For example: XSLT. Hard to use it without using namespaces, eh?

Maybe I don't understand you, but I think the answer is:
"No, it is trivial."

For example, one may write xsl:value-of  as xsl-value-of

( Not to mention that XSLScript has no 'namespaces' at all ).

I know, I know, this makes xsl:namespace-alias a bit more
complex, but I'd not care about that subtile complexity,
because xsl:namespace-alias itlsef is not a solution,
but a problem.

Rgds.Paul.

PS. I think, letting namespaces and DTDs into XML 1.0 was
a mistake. I think, namespaces will kill XML, because they're
not a solution, but a problem.

PPS. The last but not the least. I don't understand, why people keep
saying that XML is a strict subset of SGML.

SGML has no namespaces, right ?