RE: Binary XML Progress

Hi Ted, Hi Everybody,

I have been developing a proprietary compression scheme for XML called
XMLSoC recently in the course of my diploma thesis. In comparison to XMill,
gzip and bzip it compresses better, even more so for very small ( < 1000
bytes ) XML documents - this is where the most significant differences
become obvious. Also, I took measurements on decompression vs. parsing,
typically, my unoptimized prototype in Java is between 10 and 20 percent
faster than Apache Xerces for Java 1.

I am not sure whether this is going to be a product or not, but from my
analysis, this may make sense in special applications where XML is used, but
the application environment is mostly closed - i.e. components that are part
of a system from one vendor may use "accelerated" XML while interfaces to
other components may still use traditional XML...

Thoughts?

Stefan Zier
Software Developer
Syntion AG - http://www.syntion.com