Re: Off Topic - HTML mail

"Betty L. Harvey" wrote:

> Marcus, I don't think people do this on purpose.  Microsoft Outlook
> and Netscape mail default to HTML.  Most people don't think to turn
> HTML mail off because they can't see the underlying code in the
> mail software.

Some surely don't - apologies for my tone to those people. Some are aware - I know, because I've told them off-list that
their mail was unreadable. Also, when other people respond theirs gets messed up as well. I use Netscape, so part of the
problem may be attributable to my own configuration - if so, I'll graciously accept any due flaming.

> Now won't it be great when e-mail is encoded in XML |-).

Yes, unless people start sending:

<blue-squashed-crapTypeface>Hi there!</blue-squashed-crapTypeface>

documents...:-)

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au