RE: Off Topic - HTML mail

> Can anyone give me a single good reason (privately or
> publically) to use HTML email? I'm deleting what may be
> interesting postings because they're too annoying and
> difficult to read, though I might persist if I knew why people

I would only point out that HTML has been around for ten years, so one
would think that the world would be on-board by now.  Another deficiency
of e-mail is the lack of widespread Unicode support.  Rather than
upgrade our mailers to support Unicode, we just demand that the whole
world stay locked into our "Western European codepage" straightjacket.
Now if only we could get people to stop using GIFs and switch back to
ASCII art.