Re: AND (Another Namespace Dilemma) ... DTD Validation

On 09 Aug 2001 13:33:17 -0400, mrossi@csc.com wrote:
> OK, I've been watching Namespaces threads looking for this answer, but no
> one seems to have yet hit the head of this particular nail. So ... if
> Namespace prefixes are irrelevant, how do I write a (namespace-aware) DTD
> to validate a document instance? Take the following for example:

You may want to check out the DTD for Modularization of XHTML[1,2].
There's a fairly astounding workaround used there.  It's not especially
pleasant, but it does work.

One caveat: the namespace prefix still can't change over the course of a
single document.

[1] -
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/dtd_module_rules.html#s_dtd_module_rules

[2] -