RE: Application Design

Not sure if you have special requirements that are forcing you to design and
develop this from scratch or not?  If you're "leaning towards Oracle" (and
have the money for it) why not just use Oracle iFS with Oracle Text which
essentially *is* a DMS.  A cheaper solution might be Xerox Docushare.
--tim