Re: XML multimedia specs -- help for the bewildered, please?

I've never found anything particularly compelling about 3D on the Web
myself, but I do know there are some very serious VRML fans out there. I'll
wait the ten years or so it will take for them to sort through all these
issues before I take it seriously.

 I don't see why there should be any implementation issues regarding other
rich media, particularly vector art. SVG has been adopted by the W3C as a
proposed recommendation. If companies such as Macromedia and Microsoft won't
adopt it, that's a political, not a technical issue. If they're waiting for
the recommendation process to complete its cycle, that's a reasonable
decision, and it would be unfair not to mention that both companies are
represented on the final draft that emerged as a CR. In fact, the roster of
companies allegedly behind the SVG spec is one of the reasons for some
guarded optimism on my part.

Chuck White
CEO
The Tumeric Partnership