RE: XML multimedia specs -- help for the bewildered, please?

That's low level like OpenGL, not a 3D application
language.   I can't see anyone working at that
level without big team support, so for the web
that is a non-starter. XBox is a box and they will have to
get a lot of company loyalty to take on the
far more successful Playstation. Meanwhile Sony is
ensuring that their web content works seamlessly
in Playstation.  MS could leverage a VRML system
such as Parallel Graphics Cortona.  That is an
MS-friendly company, does excellent work, and
integrates nicely with Active products.

To get into the application market, MS needs a
browser plugin and a more generalized environment
for content creation.  Chrome was a very public
flop.  To be fair, real time 3D tags inside an HTML
framework isn't the way to go, so at least they put that
proposition to rest for awhile.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.